Feb 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 02/01/10

Wow, the week is finally here where I get to start reaping the benefits of my Freezer Cooking Adventure!

The first four nights are pre-planned and are prepped and ready to go. How cool is that?

Here's what we will be eating this week:

Monday - Asian Pork Tenderloin (CP) We had this for dinner tonight with rice and broccoli. It was still partially frozen this morning, but I popped it into the crockpot and let it cook all day...wonderful!

Tuesday - Enchilada Casserole - The meat mixture is already prepped and I'll just have to layer it in a casserole dish and pop it into the oven! So easy! I'll serve it with a salad and maybe some beans.

Wednesday - Meatball Sandwiches - Will be made from frozen meatballs, topped with cheese and marinara sauce. An easy dinner as we have Awana's on Wednesday nights and very little time to think about dinner.

Thursday - Italian Chicken - This is a 'dump recipe', just dump chicken breasts and Italian dressing in freezer bag and freeze; the chicken will marinate as it thaws. I just realized I planned on making roasted asparagus to go with this and didn't buy any asparagus at the grocery store!! I think I'll wait and see if it will be going on sale Wednesday...and either way pick it up on my way home Thursday. Let's just hope I don't forget!

Friday - Almost A Meal Casserole - This is a new recipe for our family. I am planning on making it up earlier in the day Friday and was planning on serving it with Corn on the Cob. But in trying to find the link (which I still cannot find) I realized that it has corn in the casserole, so I will have to figure out a different side to go with it. Sides are always difficult for me. If I cannot find the link, I will try to post the recipe later this week.

Saturday - Beef 'n Broccoli - I will serve this over brown rice.

Sunday - CP Teriyaki Chicken - I'll serve this with noodles and veggies. Sunday is another busy day so I love using my crockpot and not worrying about dinner.

I never did get around to posting last week's menu, but it was pretty basic. I did try my hand at making stromboli and was happy with how it turned out. I will make it again. I used the Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough and filled it with pizza sauce, salami, pepperoni, sliced mushrooms and lots of mozzarella cheese. Next time, I'll make two!

Coming up next is a review of the Potato Soup I made the week before. I still can taste it!

No comments:

Post a Comment