Aug 30, 2010

Last week's menu - In Review

Each week I will review the previous weeks' menu. This is so I can go back and see what worked and what didn't. I can also track just how well we are doing staying on our menu plan.

Here was our original plan:

Monday – Pesto Chicken Bake, Noodles, Corn
Tuesday – Pizza Party for Johnny
Wednesday – Broccoli Chicken Casserole, Rolls
Thursday – Pork Chow Mein, Fried Rice
Friday – Southwest Chicken Pie
Saturday – Steak, Baked Potatoes, Salad
Sunday – Teriyaki Meatballs over rice, Mixed

Wow, I think we failed. Monday and Tuesday went well and I found a new love in Pesto, which I wrote about here.

Wednesday, I made the Southwest Chicken Pie and it was delicious. I had way too much filling, so I froze the extra. I think the filling will freeze well and this may make it into my next freezer plan. It is a nice, different, meal.

Friday we were invited to a barbeque, Saturday we took a friend out for her birthday, and Sunday we were invited to the house of friends. I did make a new cake for dessert and plan to post about it in the next few days.

That leaves Thursday and I can't remember what we did that night! Wow, age must be really affecting my memory. :)

So we tried two new meals which were both hits, one which will work for a freezer plan. I've put the Broccoli Chicken Casserole on next week's plan and hope to get to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment