Aug 24, 2010

Pesto

I couldn't wait for my weekly review to post about last night's dinner. We had Pesto Chicken Bake. I can't figure out where I found this recipe, so it anyone knows, let me know so I can give proper credit.

Pesto Chicken Bake

4 Chicken Breasts
1 jar Classico Pesto Sauce
Noodles or Rice

1. Place chicken in baking dish. Put a spoonful of pesto sauce on top. Bake @ 350 until done. (35-40 min.)

2. While chicken is baking, cook and drain pasta or cook rice.

3. Stir some pesto sauce into noodles (or rice) and serve.


When I went to the store to buy the Classico Pesto Sauce, I couldn't find it. I stared at the shelf of pasta sauces, specifically the area with the Classico sauces, as if my piercing stare would make it magically appear. Am I the only one who thinks that if I look hard enough, I will find what I'm looking for?

Well, my store doesn't carry Classico Pesto Sauce, but I did find a small jar of Pesto. For $4.59!!! Yikes. It was about half the size of the other pasta sauce jars and, in my opinion, expensive.

I bought it anyway and boy am I happy I did.

You see, I have never cooked with pesto before. In fact, I don't think I have ever eaten pesto before. Like my son said, "It's greeeeen."

But I wanted to lick my plate clean. It was gooooooooood! And son asked for seconds, too.

So now I'm on the hunt to find the perfect recipe for pesto. I have seen that you can make it up and freeze in ice cube trays. This is something I NEED to do a) because it is yummy and b) because it has got to be less expensive to make it yourself.

So if anyone has a tried and true recipe for pesto, I need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment