Jan 5, 2010

Menu Plan Monday...

....except today is Thursday!

I'm posting this early as I usually make up my meal plans on Fridays to go through the following Sunday. This way, my meal plans overlap three days, giving me time to grocery shop and make adjustments.

I missed posting last week, but I did make a plan and stuck to it. I would hate to go back to the old days of never knowing what I would be fixing for dinner...we'd have spaghetti often!

Anyhow, here's my meal plan for the upcoming week:


Friday:

Chicken bacon rollups (from freezer meals)
Green Bean Casserole

Saturday:

Cheese and Chile Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Veggies

Sunday:

Polish sausage sandwiches (to use up Polish Sausage on sale two weeks ago)
Salad

Monday:

Buttermilk Baked Chicken
Au Gratin Potatoes
Veggies

Tuesday:

Taco Salad w/Chips

Wednesday:

Shanghai Chicken and Noodles

Thursday:

Cheese-Stuffed Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes

Friday:

Greek Turkey Burgers
Salad

Saturday:

Enchilada Stack
Corn

Sunday:

Pasta w/sauce
Salad


I'm still struggling with finding a variety of sides that my family will eat - namely vegetables. We eat a lot of salad and frozen vegetables, but I want to add more fresh vegetables to our meals. I have some asparagus that I will try roasting this week and will have to browse the produce dept. to see what else I can find.

Reviews on last posted meal plan: We loved the Chicken California and the Chili's Copycat Chicken Tenders were pretty good also (I baked these rather than frying and will bake a bit longer next time to crisp them up a bit more).

No comments:

Post a Comment