Apr 7, 2010

Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning

This seasoning is one of my favorites for chicken! Whenever whole chickens go on a good sale, I buy up a few just for this. I clean the chickens and remove the skin. Then I put it in a ziploc bag, rub on a packet of this seasoning, and freeze. When I want to use it, I plop it into the crockpot and let it cook on low all day. It always comes out great. I have even put it in the crockpot frozen (even though the freezer cops warn against this) and it was still great.

I like to make up several packets of seasoning at once. This saves a ton of time. I originally found this recipe here at Recipezaar.

Rotisserie Chicken

1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
3 lbs roasting chickens
1 cup chopped onion

You will love this!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love your idea of seasoning before freezer! I am definitely bookmarking this for when chicken goes on sale again! Yum!

    ReplyDelete